Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Go Fly a Kite


What do you do when you're leaving on a massive sailing adventure in less than a month and have a gazillion things still to do on your list to end all lists? Go fly a kite, of course!

I got Vlad a kite for his birthday, which I gave to him several days after his birthday along with a cake that I baked in between putting on coats of primer in the v-berth. That's how behind I am. At least the boat smelled delicious, which kind of made up for the fact that I took all of our belongings out of the v-berth and stacked them into a terrifying tower of clothes, drawers, tools and miscellaneous miscellany right in the middle of our living space. Kind of.

I got the kite at this cool little kite store just across the street from us in Kemah. It's called TradeWinds, and the couple who own it were former cruisers. They always fly these incredibly ornate kites from the roof, and we've been admiring them ever since we moved in.

The kite diversion couldn't have come at a better time because that tower of junk was really starting to get to us. Even the hedgehog was feeling the strain. Though we really wanted to, we refrained from flinging all of our belongings onto the free table and instead flew the birthday kite for a few minutes on the beach. Relaxing, beautiful weather, no painters tape that never comes off and no tower of crap. We only have a few more days to go.


2 comments:

  1. It is so exciting that you are getting ready to leave! My heart bursts with envy! Cool kite. You can fly it off the back of the boat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been thinking of popping in and picking up a kite. Think I need to do that this weekend!

    ReplyDelete