Thursday, December 1, 2011

Sailing with Family


My dad and my brother came to visit us over Thanksgiving, and it was a joy to be able to share in this adventure with them. If you can't tell from the way my dad is gripping the tiller with both hands, he has been a little concerned about our new lifestyle choice, and I think this trip gave him at least a modicum of reassurance that our boat actually floats. My brother, on the other hand, was practically born on a sailboat and looked as though he had finally returned to his natural habitat.

We took them on two sails around Galveston Bay, dropped anchor once and ate lunch and generally had an all around grand time. We even went wing on wing for the first time ever! I felt so fancy.


And as an added bonus, we got to see the sun set over the amusement park. Definitely, fun times with family.


No comments:

Post a Comment